Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long will it take to receive my order?
Products will typically be shipped from our warehouse within 3 to 5 business days following the date of purchase.We use FEDEX Ground for standard shipping on all orders in the 48 continental States*. From that time, please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
*Additional rates and delivery times apply on orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
2. What is your return or cancellation policy?
We want you to be happy with your purchase so please inspect it upon arrival. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with the products received from us you can initiate a return for most unused items within 30 days of delivery.*
Before returning any Crisis Equipped and Legacy Food Storage product you must contact a customer care representative at 1-909-253-3272, or email email@example.com to initiate the return process and receive a Return Authorization Number (RAN). Returns that are shipped back to us without a RAN will not be eligible for a refund or credit.
1. All products must be returned in original packaging and in new condition unless already damaged upon original delivery.
2. If items were damaged or defective upon original delivery we will refund or replace your order, including shipping fees, and will arrange for UPS to pick up the products from your home.
3. Items that are refused or undeliverable are eligible for a refund covering the total amount of products ordered, but the customer will be responsible for both delivery and return shipping costs.
4. After Crisis Equipped receives a return, we will inspect the items and issue a refund, replacement, or credit based on the reason for the return and the condition of the products.
*Please note that all returned orders are subject to a 5% restocking fee.
**Custom Buckets are non-refundable. If the pouches inside the buckets are damaged or defective, replacement meal pouches will be sent out.
All canceled orders are subject to a 5% fee.
3. Will the products in my order be shipped together?
It is possible that your items will be shipped in separate parcels, especially if your purchase contains items from our different categories (Food, Survival Kits, Stoves and Fuel). All items should be received within days of each other, but shipping will vary depending on your shipping location and the location of our warehouses.
4. How Does Free Shipping work?
Anyone making a purchase to be shipped within the 48 continental States of the USA will receive free shipping. Residents of Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico will be charged a shipping fee due to the added expense of shipping to these locations.
5. What kind of packaging do the meals come in?
Our food storage meals come in Nitrogen flushed Mylar pouches with an Oxygen Absorber inside. This method creates a double protection against residual oxygen levels (our pouches have way less than 2%- the minimum level of oxygen for long-term food storage). These pouches are then carefully stored in heavy-duty, stackable BPA-free buckets that make them perfect for storage. Each bucket has grips for easy transport and weighs under 40 pounds. These buckets also protect the food pouches from water damage and rodents. See our Quality Control page for more information!
FOOD STORAGE QUESTIONS:
1. What is the best way to store freeze-dried food?
We recommend that you store your freeze-dried food in a cool and dark place that maintains a relatively consistent temperature. Ideal places to store your food buckets are basements, closets, or cold storage units. When possible avoid hot places such as a shed or garage.
2. How long can these meals be stored?
When kept in optimum conditions, our freeze-dried food can be stored securely and safely for up to 25 years and rotation is not necessary.
3. Can the food be frozen? Will the cold affect the food?
Your disaster food storage can be frozen because the cold won’t damage nor hurt the packages. In fact, it’s best to store your emergency food supply in a cool space.
4. Can you open the plastic bins or will it affect the food?
The buckets are re-sealable and if opened, the food inside will not be affected.
5. Once a pouch has been opened, how long will the food last?
The food will last as long as normal food would. If stored in a refrigerator, it will last longer (but unfortunately that’s not always possible in an emergency situation).
MEAL RELATED QUESTIONS:
1. Do you offer any vegetarian products?
Most of the meals on this site are vegetarian friendly. Meats have been eliminated from our meal offerings to maintain a longer shelf life and nutritional value. Real meat contains fatty oils and amino acids, which break down over time and cause the meals to lose taste and nutrition. Not only are our meals veggie friendly, but they also taste delicious and will last for many years!
2. How much water do I need to re-hydrate a meal?
On average you will need one cup of water per serving. We recommend preparing the meals with hot or boiling water because it will speed up preparation and provide a hot meal. If you cannot obtain hot water, the food will still hydrate with cold water but meals will always taste better when they’re hot.
3. How much food would be enough for me to purchase?
The best thing would be to create a food storage plan based on your personal needs, or the needs of your family, depending on the level of preparedness you wish to obtain. Once you have decided that, you can decide on which package would best suit your needs. If you need guidance, please refer to our Food Matrix or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly help you.